Friday, August 10, 2007

Opening ceremony

Well everyone is here it is looking like it will be a great comp despite the wet terrain. I organised the Australian team uniform so the Aussies the current World Champions could look smart at the opening ceremony.
We all marched down into the outdoor amphitheatre and everyone commented on how great we all looked in our Aussie uniforms. I have to thank Kat from Katabatic Illustration & Design for doing the design and getting the shirts made. Here are a couple of pics unfortunately my camera died on the way so I will have to get some photos from another team.
After the World Championship had been declared open we all went for a Texas BBQ in the park. Then it was time to head back to the motel where they ran a calcutta for the competition. There were some great buys for the night and for some reason I had the most friends cause I went for $750 US dollars $200 more than the next highest which was Robert Resinger from Austria.
There was a suprise today when Richard and Sue Nevins turned up with the family to help and support the the Aussies. It is great my parents are here Vicki, Bill,Molly everyone is helping us so much I can tell it will be another Aussie tittle.
AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE OI OI OI !!!



The Aussies on the way to the opening ceremony!!



Scott at the calcutta!