Saturday, November 01, 2008

Classic day 8

Well it was off to Beechmont to try and fly the Southerly change that was due in at 10am. We all set up and set a task to Kalbar straight line of 60kms. The wind starts picking up and only a few from the Alternate launch. The main window opens and no one appears to want to take off. So I hop in my harness and push to see if that would help the situation as the first start was now only 30 mins away. I managed to push Adam and Big Jon off before Kenny closed launch. The wind stayed strong and the day was cancelled a couple of hours later. There was a big dissapointed World Champion walking around launch keeping to himself. I actually suprised myself by catching back up after not flying on the 1st day of the competition. I feel like a deserving winner winning 4 of the 5 days that I flew and coming in 10 secs behind Attila on the 5th day. It just goes to show you that you can never give up on a result even if you have one bad day. you just need to put it behind you and fly each day as it is given to you. Well it is off the accept my 8th canungra classic victory and party the night away. Would just like to thank all the people that helped me whislt I was sick and also Leeroy for driving for me and picking me up from goal everyday..:-)