Saturday, June 06, 2009

Spanish Nationals Day 1

Today was judgement day and my back for the first time was feeling slightly better and I was prepared to fly. We went to the morning briefing which seemed like it took 2 hrs given that I could not understand most of what was being said. We then loaded up and headed up the hill to the west takeoff. When we arrived we noticed that there was more much more wind than the practice days. We walked down to launch to check the wind. It was reading around the 45kph mark and was quite consistant with only a few lulls. There was a briefing called and everyone gathered around and I listen to some Spanish discussion understanding some but not most of it. I caught up with the Meet director after the briefing to get an english translation and this is what he had to say.