Friday, July 17, 2009

Who is this guy?

Some of you may have been suprised when you saw this name in the World championships doing so well. Gianpietro Zin is Italian of Origin but lives in France. I was very suprised myself during the course of the Worlds seeing how well he was flying. I had never flown or herd of this pilot in my life. Pierro on takeoff with Kathleen Rigg. I had time to catch up with him here in the Pre Europeans to ask him some questions. Currently he is in 6th place here and was in the top 10 most of the Worlds untill he landed 300m short of goal on the 2nd last day. Pierro which is the name he goes by most is not new in the sport and has just been away from competing whilst building his family. He is now back on is turning heads at these recent comps. Everytime I see him he is smiling and is always a pleasure to fly with in the air. I asked him when he started to fly and he said he was 11 years old when he had his first flight. This means Pierro has been flying for 30 years now and is not new on the block. It s great to see guys like this coming back into the sport and competing and doing well. I hope there is more pilots like this out there that want to come back and show us they have not lost what they had. Congratulations Pierro on your great results.